District Shahjahanpur is situated in southeast of Rohilkhand Division. It is established in 1813. Before its creation it was a part of district Bareilly. Geographically, it is situated at 27.35 N Latitude and 79.37 E longitude. Adjoining districts of the Shahjahanpur are Lakhimpur Khiri, Hardoi, Farrukhabad, Bareilly, Budaun & Pilibhit. Geographical Area of it is 4575 Sq. Meter and population of district is 25,49,458 (2001). This is an agriculture based district of Uttar Pradesh. Ramganga, Garrah & Gomti are the main rivers of district. Kathana, Jhukma & Mensiare are the attached rivers of Gomti. Garrah is the main river. Khannaut, Suketa and Kai are the attached rivers of Garrah. Flood - mostly effects Jalalabad Tehsil. Major crops of the district are Wheat, Gram,Millet & Potato. Asfaq Ullah, Ramprasad Bismil ,Thakur Roshan Singh & Shri Ramchandra (Babuji - Founder of Ramchandra Mission ) are the famous personalities of the area.
It is established by Shri Diler Khan and Shri Bahadur Khan sons of Shri Dariya Khan who was a soldier in the army of Mugal Emperor Jahangeer. Both, Shri Diler Khan and Shri Bahadur Khan were dignitary in the regime of Shahjahan. After, pleasing with the services of Shri Dilerkhan, Shahjahan gifted 14 villages with the permission to construct a Fort. Diler Khan developed a fort in "Nainar Khera Village" which was situated on the rivers Garrah and Khannaut. He also established 52 type of Pathan's Caste. Today, most of the mohallas are on the name of these castes. Like Shahjahanpur City, Tilhar was developed by "Rajput - Tirlok Chandra". This is the oldest town of the district. Due to supply of "Bows" to the Military, this town was called as "Teer Kaman Nagar". Shri Mangal Khan who was a NAZIM of Hafiz Rehmat Ali Khan Nawab Rohil established a Fort in village "Mansurpur" near "Tilhar". He and his family members possessed it upto first freedom struggle of 1857. Later, British Government occupied it and converted it in Tehsil and Police Station. Shahid Udhyan Park, Mumuksh Ashram , Asfaq Ullah's Old House & Mazar , Ramprasad Bismil's Old House , Thakur Roshan Singh's Old House are the main parks and places of historical importance in district.
|District Shahjahanpur at a glance|
|Geographical Area||4575 sq. km|
|Population (in lacks)|
|Literacy (In percentage)|
|Administrative set up|
|Nagar Palika (3)||Shahjahanpur|
|Nagar Panchayat (7)||Rosa|
Sant Ravidas Nagar Bhadohi was created on 30th June 1994 as 65th district of the state, Uttar Pradesh. It's geographical position stands very good and favourable for development of human being. This district is situated in the planes of the river Ganges, with it's borders touching districts like Allahabad, Varanasi, Mirjapur and Jaunpur, simultaneously. This district is famous for it's carpets in India and abroad. It's area is 1055.99 sq. kms. It's lattitudenal limits are from 25.12o North to 25.32o North and longitudenal limits are from 82.12o East to 82.42o East. The Ganges, Varuna and Morva are the main rivers. Weather conditions vary from extreme hot to extreme cold with less rainfall. This district is divided into three(03) Tehsils namely Aurai, bhadohi and Gyanpur and six(06) blocks namely Bhadohi, Suriyavan, Gyanpur, Deegh, Abholi and Aurai, in order to supervise it administratively. There are 1075 populated and 149 non-populated villages along with 79 Nyay-panchayat and 489 Gram panchayats in the district. There are 09 police stations in which 04 are in town and 05 are situated in rural area. In order to maintain peace sufficient number of police check posts are created in the district.There are 02 Nagar Palika and 05 Nagar Panchayat in the district for development works. This district is progressing consistantly in the field of Information Technology. Wide use of computers in day to day routine works in different government offices can be commonly noticed.
|Sant Ravi Dass Nagar district at a glance|
|Area||1056 sq km|
|Male - Female Ratio||10:9|
|Females per 1000 Males||918|
|Administrative Set up|
|No. of Panchayats|
|Nagar Palika Parishad||02|
|Tehsils with names simultaneously||03, Gyanpur, Bhadohi and Aurai|
|Blocks with names simultaneously||06, Suriyavan, Bhadohi, Gyanpur, Deegh, Aurai and Abholi|
|No. of Villages|
|No. of Nyaya Panchayats||79|
|Main tourist and historic place||Sitamadhi|
|Main religious places||Sitamadhi, SemradhNath, Tileshwar|
|Chakawa Mahabir, GaziMia Mazar|
|Main Rivers||Varuna, Ganga and Morva|
|Main folk songs||Biraha, kajali, Belvariya|
|No. of Parliamentary Seat||01 - Mirzapur - Bhadohi|
|No. of vidhan sabha seats||03 - Aurai, Bhadohi and Gyanpur|
|Total Registered Motor vehicles||28876|
|Higher Education schools||46|
|Indutrial Training Institute||01|
|District cooprative bank branches||08|
|Other banks Branches|
|Total Production||162602 metric ton|
This district is well connected with roads. The Sher Shah Suri (Grand Trunk Road) Road passes along with this area covering a wide portion of it. Gopiganj is the main hub which connects the district headquarter, Gyanpur to this road. This national highway thus connects this district to Allahabad at one end and Varanasi at another end. A visitor to this district can always have a Tempo, Taxi, Jeep, etc. as a mode of local transport. Though government authorised services in this sector are not available at present, remote areas are well connected through the private services.By Train
Two Railway Tracks cross this district making it a well rail connected district. One is from Varanasi via Bhadohi and the other is from Varanasi via Gyanpur Road stations. Distance from the district head quarter Gyanpur to Bhadohi is12 kms and Gyanpur Road to Gyanpur is 8 kms.
This Temple is located at 25 kms. approximately from the district head quarter (Gyanpur), at the beautiful banks of the sacred river Ganges. It is the main tourist place of the district. Hundreds of people from other districts and nearby rural places visit this two-storey temple. A guest house has also been built within the temple premises with both food and lodging facilities.
|District Robertsganj at a glance|
|Area||6788.0 sq Km|
|Altitude||285 feet from sea level|
|Season||August - January|
|Local transport||Ricksha, Taxies, Buses, Tangas|
|Language||Hindi, English & Bhojpuri|
|STD Code||05444 (Robertsganj - Distt HQ)|
|Distance from Robertsganj to :|
District Sitapur is situated in the central part of Lucknow division, capital of U.P. It is 27.6° to 27.54° longitude in north of Lucknow & in between 80.18° & 81.24° latitude in east of Lucknow. This district is spread about 89 km. area from north to south & about 112 km. area from east to west. River Gomti makes the boundary from west to south of Sitapur & Hardoi. In the east river Ghagra which seprates district Bahraich from Sitapur. On the north side is district Kheri. Sitapur was established by the king Vikarmaditya after the name of Lord Ram's wife Sita. This place is concerned with ancient, medieval and modern history. This is a land of seer and sufis. Purans were written by Rishi Ved Vyas on this holi land. According to Hindu mythology the 'Panch Dham Yatra' journey of five main religious Hindu places will not be completed without visiting the Neemsar or Namisharanya, a religious ancient place in Sitapur. Dargah of Hazrat Makhdoom saab at Khairabad and Hazrat Gulzar Shah are the symbols of communal harmony. The City is situated on the river bank of 'Sarayan', at Lucknow-Delhi National Highway No-24, 89 Km. from state capital Lucknow, and on meter gauge Railway line from Lucknow to Bareilly via Lakhimpur and Pilibhit. Sitapur is also connected on broad gauge train network connecting Gorakhpur and Delhi via Gonda, Burhwal bypassing Lucknow and Hardoi. Whole district is divided into six tehsils - Sitapur, Biswan, Mishrikh, Laharpur, Mahmoodabad and Sidhauli. There are 19 blocks, two parliamentary constituencies (Sitapur, Mishrikh (SC)) and nine assembly constituencies ( Behta, Biswan, Mahmoodabad, Sidhauli(SC), Laharpur, Sitapur, Hargaon(SC), Mishrikh and Machhrehta(SC)). Total population of the district is 36,19,661 and the area is 5743 Sq. Km. Main Rivers of this district are Gomti, Chowka, Ghagra & they have tributaries Sarain, Pirai, Gond, Godia, Kevani, Gadia, Ikharia etc. Sitapur has mainly theses types of soils Bhood, Domat, Matiyar. Its minimum temprature is 6°C & maximum 43.34°C. Northern part of the district receives more rain because it is situated near to hills. Cliamate of Sitapur is healthy. It is situated 100m-150m above sea level. Agriculture is the main & important occupation of the district. Wheat, Rice & Urd are the main crops & Sugarcane, mustard & Groundnuts are the cash crops. Presently the district is not very famous from Industrial point of view. There are five sugar mills and some floor mills, rice mills in the district. The district is mainly famous for its cotton and woolen mat (Durries). Laharpur and Khairabad are famous for it's production and export. Capt.ManojPandey, Raja Todar Mal, Kavi Narottam Das, Achary Narendra Dev, Maulana Fazle Haq Khairabadi, Riaz Khairabadi, Jawala Parsad Warq are the famous personalities of the district. Ilasiya Bal Vanodyan (Ilasia Park), Mahaveer Udyan (Tikunia park), Sarojini Vatika, Vaidehi Vatika are the main parks and picnic spots of the area.
District Siddarthnagar has come in the picture on 29th December of 1988 by separating the north portion of District Basti. It lies between Lat. 27° and 27° 28' North and Long. 82° 45' and 83° 10' East. The geographical area of the district is 298855 hectare. It is approx 1.02 % of the total area of Uttar Pradesh. Population density of the district is 549 per Square Kilometer. Birth rate of the district is 23.88. Humidity of the district is approx 50 to 60 %. Total population of the district is 1618942 which is approx 1.23% of Uttar Pradesh Population. Male population is 847074 and Female population is 771868. Main tourist place of Siddharthnagar is Kapilvastu at Piprahava in Birdpur Block. This place is very important in all respect compared to other important sites because it is the seat where Buddha lived for 29 years. He completed his education in the same place and enriched his knowledge. He heralded peace to the world from this place.
Shravasti is a newly created district of Uttar Pradesh (India) carved out from districts of Gonda and Bahraich . Besides these two districts, Shravasti shares its border with district Balrampur. Bhinga, the District headquarter of Shrawasti, is approximately 150 km away from the state capital, Lucknow. Shravasti, the northeastern town of Uttar Pradesh is well known for its religious associations. The 'Sobhanath' temple is believed to be the birthplace of Jain Tirthankar 'Sambhavanath' making Shravasti an important center for the Jains. As mentioned in the 'Bruhatkalpa' and various kalpas of the fourteenth century the name of the city was 'Mahid'. There are subsequent mentions showing that the name of this city was 'Sahet-Mahet'. It is also mentioned that a vast fort covered this city in which there were many temples having idols of Devkulikas. Buddha is believed to have spent 24 monsoons in this city. Age-old stupas, majestic monasteries and several temples near the village of "Sahet-Mahet" establish Buddha's association with Shravasti. Moreover, Shravasti is the holy land of all the four Kalyanakas - Chayan, Birth, Diksa and Attainment of omniscience of Bhagawan Samabhavanath. Today a great rampart of earth and brick surrounds this city. During excavation in 'Sahet-Mahet' near Shravasti City, many ancient idols and inscriptions were found. They are now kept in museums of Mathura and Lucknow. At present, the archaeological department of the Indian Govt. is doing excavation to perform allied research.
|Shravasti at a glance|
|Geographical Area||1126.00 sq Km|
|Community Development Blocks||Hariharpur Rani,Sirsia,Gilola,Jamunaha,Ikona|
|No of Villages|