|Joke ( Nationalty ) - Americanisms|
Haven't you always wondered how "Americanisms" would sound like if they were translated literally to an average Indian on, say, the streets of New Delhi (or elsewhere).
1. Have a nice day! - Achaa din lo!
2. What's up? - Uppar kya hai?
3. You're kidding! - Tum bachaa bana rahe ho!
4. Don't kid me! - Mera bachaa mat banaao!
5. Yo, baby! What's up? - Beti Yo, uppar kya hai?
6. Cool man! - Thandaa aadmi!
7. Don't mess with me, dude. - Mere saath gandagee mat karo, ek hustee.
8. Check this out, man! - Iski chaanbeen karo, aadmi!
9. She's so fine! - Woh itnee baareek hai!
10. Listen buddy, that chick's mine, okay! - Suno dost, woh choozaa mera hai, theek?
11. Hey good looking; what's cooking? - Hey Sundari; kyaa pak raha hai?
12. Are you nuts? - Kya aap akhrot hain?
13. Son of a gun. - Bachcha bandook ka.
14. General Body Meeting - Saamanya Shaaririk Milan.
And the best one is.....
15. How do you do? - Kaise karte ho?