A dental implant is an artificial tooth root replacement made of titanium and shaped like a screw which can be placed in the jawbone to replace a missing tooth or multiple teeth.
Dental implants are made of titanium. Titanium Osseo integrates or fuses with the bone which means - it biologically bonds to the bone. This actually acts like a tooth root on top of which a crown can be fixed or it can be used as a support for a bridge or denture.
The advantages of dental implants are;
• Better Aesthetics – dental implants look and feel good and with modern technology, dentists can achieve results that look exactly like natural teeth.
• Comfort – a dental implant is such a good tooth replacement, that you don't even remember it's not real.
• Durability – dental implants offer a permanent solution to tooth loss. They bond to the jaw bone and become part of it. The completed dental implant is as strong and durable as a natural tooth.
• Improved oral health -treatment with dental implants involves placing implants in areas where there are no teeth without affecting other healthy teeth, improving the long-term oral health. Additionally, by placing implants in areas with no teeth, the bone remains stimulated, preventing long term bone loss in that area. (When a tooth is lost, the bone is not stimulated and begins to shrink away).
• Improved hygiene - Individual implants allow easier access between teeth, enabling everyday normal dental care, and in that way improving oral hygiene.
Dental implants are as close as possible that you can get to natural teeth. They are fixed, permanent and preserve the natural tissues (bone as well as tooth structure). The only disadvantage is that they are more expensive, but this factor is compensated by the fact they last much longer than a bridge or a denture.
Next Article : Beautiful Dazzling Smile Creating By Cosmetic Dentist