DIET Dos for HEALTHY HAIR
1. Make sure that you are eating plenty of leafy greens and citrus fruits--- Vitamin C helps in absorbing iron.
2. Load up on biotin found in lentils, soyabean and nuts ; ZINC found in dried watermelon seeds, lean cuts of red meat, dark chocolate and adequate protein help repair hair.
3. Omega -3 rich foods like walnuts, almonds and flaxseeds are important for hair growth.
4. If you are anemic (low Hb), you can improve the iron content and its absorption by picking the right foods like meat (especially organ meat like liver ), poultry, fish and green leafy vegetables such as cauliflower, mustard greens, radish leaves, amaranth, lotus stem, black gram, black sesame, seaweed, soyabean, watermelon and dryfruits like dates and sultanas are especially rich in iron. Iron in animal foods is easily absorbed by the body and it has been found that a diet rich in animal foods like meat and fish has a higher absorption as compared to iron absorption.
5. Also pile on citrus fruits ( oranges, lemon) , guava, amla, sprouts and vegetables like tomatoes and bell peppers.
Next Article : Hair Loss: Know the Cause Know the Cure