Beauty tips includes a number of topics such as body care, eye care, hair care, lip care and skin care that will help you highlight your natural beauty.
Mix six-teaspoon petroleum jelly, two-teaspoon glycerin and two-teaspoon lemon juice. Apply this moisturizing lotion at least twice a week if you have dry and flaky, arms and legs
Massage your body with a mixture of coconut oil and any of your favorite's scented oils like lavender or rosemary.
Peel and grate a cucumber. Squeeze the juice to this, mix half-a-teaspoon glycerin and half-a-teaspoon rose water. Apply this on sunburns, leave it for some time.
If you have cracked heels, melt paraffin wax; mix it with little mustard oil and apply on the affected area. Leave it overnight. After 10 or 15 days, your heels will become smooth.
Massage the foot with coconut oil and keep the foot in warm water for some time. Wipe the water off the feet and apply a mixture of hibiscus flower (10), Henna (1 handful) and juice of half a lemon. When dry wash it off.
For rough palms, use a mixture of glycerin and limejuice in equal proportion.
- Dip cotton wad in a chilled cucumber and potato juice mixture and keep on your eyelids for 15 to 20 minutes. Wash your eyes gently and apply baby oil.
- For long eyelashes, apply a thin coat of castor oil every night. It strengthens lashes and cools your eyes.
- Massage a few drops of coconut oil around the eyes to get rid off dark circles.
- To reduce puffiness of your eyes, grate a potato; tie in a cloth and place the cloth over your eyes for about 15 minutes.
- Add a small pinch of salt in water and wash for bright and sparkling eyes.
- Mix tomato juice and lemon juice in equal quantity and apply around the eyes. After 30 minutes wash it off with cold and hot water alternatively.
- Make a paste of sandal wood and nutmeg. Apply the paste around the eyes before sleeping and wash it off in the morning.
- Crush a cucumber and take the juice. Add a little rose water and apply around the eyes and wash it after 30 minutes.
Place cotton wool swabs dipped in cold milk on closed eyes for removing dark circles.
Healthy and Shiny Hair
- Wash hair with tea once in a week.
- Add a lemon peel to a 'shikakai' and 'amla' mixture while washing your hair.
- Apply castor oil for a healthy growth of hair.
- Apply besan in the hair and wash it with water drained from the cooked rice.
- Deep condition with curd, beer and egg.
- Soak a handful of gooseberry in a cup of milk for two hours. Make it as a paste and apply in the hair.
- Apply the mixture of an egg white, 2 spoon of castor oil, 1 spoon glycerin, in the scalp and hair. Wash it after some time.
- Massage hair with warm coconut oil an hour before washing. Let it soak. Cover your head with a hot towel and wash your hair after an hour or so.
- Do a 'steam-towel-wrap' once in a while, if your cuticles are damaged, as this steaming opens out the pores and absorbs the oil.
- Mix a little vinegar in warm water and rinse your hair with this solution. This will add bounce to dull and lifeless hair.
- Boil a few hibiscus flowers in coconut oil. Filter and use this hair oil to control hair loss and thinning.
- Soak 1 teaspoon fenugreek in curd and keep it for a night. Have it in the next morning.
- Egg white and curd is a good conditioner for hair.
Take a cup of coconut and mustard oils. Soak half a cup of curry leaves in the oil mixture and keep it for a night. Next morning, heat on a slow fire till the curry leaves turn crisp. Remove from heat and add two to three camphor balls. Allow oil to cool and then strain. Apply oil to hair roots using cotton wool along the parting and massage in circular movements. Leave the oil overnight and shampoo the next morning. Repeat twice a week.
- Boil coconut oil with the juices of curry leaves, basil, hibiscus flower and gooseberry. Apply on hair, keep it for sometime and rinse.
Greying of Hairs
- Crush the leaves of five petal hibiscus flower and take the juice. Wash the hair with this juice.
- Apply the warm mixture of olive oil, lemon juice and coconut oil. Do a steam -towel- wrap for 15 minutes and wash the hair with a mild shampoo.
- Massage the Scalp with pure coconut oil. This will also help growth of hair.
- Heat oil with a little camphor. Apply the oil in the scalp and massage for 10 minutes. After 30 minutes wash the hair with a herbal shampoo. Do the steam -towel- wrap for 15 minutes.
- Mix Shikakai powder with the water drained from the cooked rice and wash the hair with it
- Apply coconut oil which has been boiled with small onions for about 20 minutes. Wash it off with a mixture of green gram powder and water drained from cooked (boiled) rice.
- Apply a paste of fenugreek and mustard to the scalp.
- Apply a mixture of almond oil and gooseberry juice with finger tips on the scalp.
Boil one cup of dried gooseberry with 4 cups of water. Add a pinch of sugar in it. Keep boiling till the quantity of the liquid reduces to one cup. Mix 2 cups of Mehendi, an egg, juice of a lemon and the gooseberry solution and apply on hair. Wash the hair after two hours.
- Take a little Mehandi , an egg, juice of half a lemon, one table spoon of instant coffee powder. Mix it together and apply on the hair. Wash it after 45 minutes.
- You can mix one-tablespoon cranberry sauce juice with two tablespoons Vaseline for a delicious home made lip balm.
- Apply the juice of lemon skin for avoiding black colour of lips
- Massage your lips with coriander leaf juice for soft and rosy lips.
- Remove scars on your hands and feet by rubbing them with lemon peel.
- Wash your face with water after every 2 hours to avoid the grease on your skin. You can wash your face with just plain water, and then rub ice on your face Anti-Wrinkle
- A mixture of juice of a quarter cucumbers, egg white of 1 egg, a teaspoon lemon juice and a teaspoon of vodka makes an excellent anti-wrinkle lotion. Apply on your face and wash off after 10 minutes. Use at least twice in a week.
- To get rid of your pimple scars from the face apply tomato pulp every day and wash off after an hour. Apply a mixture of turmeric and neem on the face.
- A mixture of crushed mint leaves and oats will reduce pimples. Leave this for 20 minutes and wash it with warm water.
- Mix thick curd, turmeric and two drops of oil. Apply on the face.
- Crush garlic and take the juice and apply it on the face daily to reduce pimples
- Make a paste with sandal wood and turmeric and apply it on the face.
Mix equal quantity of almond, rose water, glycerin and lemon juice. Apply on face and keep overnight. Wash off in the morning, first with warm water and then with cold water, to give a glowing effect to your face
Skin Tonic: Mix together 1 egg yolk, 1 tsp honey and a pinch of turmeric and apply it for half an hour, You can preserve this mixture in fridge for around 20 days. Cucumber is a natural cleanser. Mix cucumber juice with milk and use it instead of a cleanser.
Take 1/3-cup cocoa, three teaspoons of heavy cream, 1/3-cup ripe papaya, 1/4-cup honey and three teaspoons of oatmeal powder. Mix it all together. Apply on your face. After 10 minutes, wash your face with warm water. This is best for oily skin
For oily skin, apply a mixture of grapes, lemon and egg white. Leave it for 20 minutes and rinse with warm water. While lemon acts as a natural cleanser, grapes will soften your skin and egg whites will tighten it. Don't be alarmed if your skin tingles.
Cut the lemon and rub the wedge all over your face. Leave it for about 20 minutes, then rinse off with cold water. This will refresh your face. Avoid doing this if you have dry skin.
Mix honey, lemon and vegetable oil .This mixture is a good moisturiser for dry skin. Apply this mask for 10 minutes.
- Make a paste with mehndi and oil and apply on the face
- Make a mixture of 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice and glycerin and apply it on the spots
- Apply the paste of turmeric and curry leaves on the face and wash it after 15 minutes.
- Apply a mixture of mehndi and turmeric. For a piece of turmeric, 2-3 leaves of mehndi are used
- Grind dried basil leaf, neem and mint (100 gm each). Add some turmeric powder and rose water to make it in a paste form and apply it on the spots.
- Grind betel leaf and add a little coconut oil and apply it on the spots
- Soak a chappathi in milk overnight . Make it into a paste and apply it on black heads. Repeat for several days
- Make a paste of saffron and add some honey , apply it on the face to remove black spots.
- To remove black spots... apply a paste of turmeric and basil.
- To remove wrinkles on the face, apply a mixture of sandalwood powder, rosewater and glycerin. Wash with cold water after some time