Zinc is an essential trace element found in every cell of the human body. It also seems as if zinc helps to control the oil glands, and is also required for the synthesis of protein and collagen - which is great for wound healing and a healthy skin.
Zinc helps in immune system, which a body's system for fighting off illnesses and infections. It also helps with cell growth and helps heal wounds, such as cuts. It helps manufacture proteins and genetic material and carry out immune functions, such as protecting against infection and cancer.
Allergies, Night blindness, Loss of smell, Falling hair, White spots under finger nails, Skin problems, Sleep disturbances etc.
Overdose Disease: Nausea, Diarrhea, Dizziness, Drowsiness and Hallucinations
- Hair loss, diarrhoea, fatigue
- Delayed wound healing
- Decreased Mental development in infants
Beef, Black beans, Blackstrap molasses, Chicken heart, Egg yolk, Fish, Lamb, Maple syrup, Milk, Nuts, Oysters, Pork, Sesame seeds, Soybeans, Sunflower seeds, Turkey, Wheat germ, Whole grain products, Yeast.
- Metabolism of the ovaries and testes, and in liver function
- Metabolism of proteins, carbohydrates, lipids and energy
- Fighting skin problems such as acne, boils and sore throats
- Tissue of hairs nails and skin
- Growth and maintenance of muscles
- Sexual development
- Synthesis of protein
Best Suitable Composition:
Recommended Daily Intake:
Best suitable composition of zinc in nutrition would be adequate levels of copper, calcium, phosphorous, selenium, vitamin A, B6 and E.