"Reflexology is a science which deals with principle that there are reflexes in the feet relative to each and every organ and all parts of the body. Stimulating these reflexes properly can help many health problems in a natural way, just like preventive maintenance." With fingers and thumbs, the practitioner applies pressure to these points to treat a wide range of stress-related illnesses. Practitioners believe the foot to be divided into a number of reflex zones corresponding to all parts of the body, and that applying pressure to tight or "gritty" areas of a person's foot will stimulate the corresponding body part and cause it to begin healing itself.
Reflexology is a health practice without contradictions. This is a safe, effective and reliable process. It helps:
- To Stop further deterioration
- To persuade the body to biologically correct itself.
- To Strengthen and reinforce all systems in the body
- To continue the body's maintaining balance (good health).
Reflexology does not:
Click for Larger View
Who can benefit from reflexology?
- Treats specific condition
Reflexology is suitable for all ages and may bring relief from a wide range of acute and chronic conditions. After you have completed a course of reflexology treatment for a specific condition, many people find it beneficial to continue with regular treatments in order to maintain health and well-being.
Benefits of Reflexology
While many people use reflexology as a way of relaxing the mind and body and counteracting stress, at the same time many doctors, consultants and other health care professionals recognize reflexology as a well established, respected and effective therapy.
Reflexology therapy provides possible benefits for people being treated for medical conditions and as home relaxation treatments to reduce stress and other problems related to stress and anxiety. Some of those benefits include:
- Reduction of stress and anxiety
- Increased ability to cope with pain
- Increased ability to cope with stressful events
- Increased ability to keep emotional problems under control
- Increased feeling of well-being
- Increased ability to concentrate
- Improved concentration
- Improved sleep
- Improved breathing
- Reduced muscle tension
- Lowered blood pressure
- Lowered heart rate
- Decreased pain
Reflexology has been shown to be effective for:
Treatment by Reflexology
- Back Pain
- Sleep disorders
- Hormonal imbalances
- Sports injuries
- Digestive disorders
- Stress-related conditions
- On the first visit, the reflexology practitioner will have a preliminary talk with you to determine your present and past health and lifestyle.
- The Reflexologist will then use their hands to apply pressure to the feet. The application and the effect of the therapy are unique to each person.
- A professionally trained Reflexologist can detect subtle changes in specific points on the feet, and by working on these points may affect the corresponding organ or system of the body.
- A treatment session usually lasts for about one hour. A course of treatment may be recommended depending on your body's needs.
- After one or two treatments your body may respond in a very definite way. Most people note a sense of well-being and relaxation; sometimes people report feeling lethargic, nauseous or tearful, but this is transitory and is a part of the healing process.
Reflexology helps to normalize body functions. A Reflexology session relaxes the stress that can affect your health. It is a safe effective way to Better Health. Only the hands are used, making it a safe, simple, yet effective method without the use of gadgets. Let your fingers do the walking.