|Essential Nutrients : Minerals | Vitamins | Carbohydrates | Proteins | Fats | Diets | Lab Test | Food|
|Posted By : Dr.Preet Kanwal S Ahluwalia, M.D.S. (Oral Surgery)|
|Posted On : 18 Apr 2011 (Total Views : 2236)|
|Contact By Email | Contact By Phone|
A dental implant is an artificial tooth root replacement made of titanium and shaped like a screw which can be placed in the jawbone to replace a missing tooth or multiple teeth.
Dental implants are made of titanium. Titanium Osseo integrates or fuses with the bone which means - it biologically bonds to the bone. This actually acts like a tooth root on top of which a crown can be fixed or it can be used as a support for a bridge or denture.
The advantages of dental implants are;
• Better Aesthetics – dental implants look and feel good and with modern technology, dentists can achieve results that look exactly like natural teeth.
• Comfort – a dental implant is such a good tooth replacement, that you don't even remember it's not real.
• Durability – dental implants offer a permanent solution to tooth loss. They bond to the jaw bone and become part of it. The completed dental implant is as strong and durable as a natural tooth.
• Improved oral health -treatment with dental implants involves placing implants in areas where there are no teeth without affecting other healthy teeth, improving the long-term oral health. Additionally, by placing implants in areas with no teeth, the bone remains stimulated, preventing long term bone loss in that area. (When a tooth is lost, the bone is not stimulated and begins to shrink away).
• Improved hygiene - Individual implants allow easier access between teeth, enabling everyday normal dental care, and in that way improving oral hygiene.
Dental implants are as close as possible that you can get to natural teeth. They are fixed, permanent and preserve the natural tissues (bone as well as tooth structure). The only disadvantage is that they are more expensive, but this factor is compensated by the fact they last much longer than a bridge or a denture.
|• Allergies||• Back And Neck||• Bone And Joints||• Brain Health|
|• Cancer||• Child Health||• General||• Diet And Nutrition|
|• ENT Care||• Eye And Vision||• Kidney And Liver||• Mental Health|
|• Pregnancy||• Sexual Health||• Skin And Beauty||• Stomach Care|
|• Women Health||• Plastic Surgery|
|More on WhereInCity.com|
|Fun & Info.||:||Jokes | Shayari | Articles | Poems | Stories | Tongue Twisters | SMS | Quotations | Lyrics | Recipes | Personal Pages|
|City Pages||:||Ahmedabad | Bangalore | Chandigarh | Delhi | Hyderabad | Kolkatta | Mumbai | Lucknow | Ludhiana | Pune | More|
|India||:||History | Pincodes | STD Codes | ISD Codes | Lok Sabha | Indian Railways | Culture | | Freedom Fighters | Great Indians|
|Medical||:||Doctors | Hospitals | Articles | Contraception | Diseases | Vitamins | Minerals | Proteins | Fats | Carbohydrates|
|Astrology||:||Horoscopes | Vedic Astrology | Gem Therapy | Palmistry | Match Making | Life Predictions | Horoscope 2013|
|Kids||:||Kids Album | Rhymes | Baby Names | Articles | Learning Centre | Animals Gallery|
|Education||:||Study Abroad | GMAT | Standardized Tests | Schools | Universities|
|Photos||:||City Photos | Celebrity Special | Misc. Photos|
|Business||:||Yellow Pages | Classifieds | Business Pages|
|Movies||:||Bollywood | Hollywood | Tamil | Telugu | List|
|Immigration||:||Canada | Australia | New Zealand|
|Products||:||Cars | Bikes | Mobile Phones | Cameras | Televisions | Laptops | Books | AC | Refrigerator | Appliances|
|Other||:||Cricket | Locations | Star Screen Awards 2011 | Film Fare 2011 | Songs ||
All rights reserved to www.whereincity.com
|Site by : Glow Web Services Pvt. Ltd.|
This site does not provide medical or any other health care advice, diagnosis or treatment. The site and its services, including the information above, are for informational purposes only and are not a substitute for professional medical advice, examination, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health professional before starting any new treatment or making any changes to existing treatment. Do not delay seeking or disregard medical advice based on information on this site.