'Mungaru Male' may break Kannada cinema records
Bangalore : "Mungaru Male" is proving to be one of Kannada cinema's mega hits.
The top five Kannada films are:
1. "Mungaru Male" - The film's collections in the first 50 days in Bangalore alone are estimated at over Rs.12 million. Even in the Mysore distribution area, collections have crossed the Rs.4.5 million mark. This means that the film is a real blockbuster. It is still running to packed houses. Youngsters are watching it again and again.
2. "Jothe Jotheyalli" - The movie has made its producer richer by over Rs.20 million, according to trade pundits. It is expected to complete 25 weeks in at least four centres and is doing well even in interior areas where it was not expected to make a big impact.
3. "Arasu" - The star-studded film had a good opening and is doing well in major centres. But it is not running as well as expected in interior areas.
4. "Bhoopathy" - The Darshan-starrer, premiered last week, has opened well as it was released on a holiday. Darshan's films normally enjoy a better draw initially, but this one may not retain its appeal for long.
5. "Sixer" - The film is into its sixth week in major centres. This medium-budget production of Ramoji Rao of Usha Kiron Movies was the launch pad of Prajwal Devaraj, son of Kannada actor Devaraj. The film is attracting college students.