The Napier Museum is situated in Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum), the capital city of Kerala, India. The museum was established in 1855, but the building was destroyed completely in 1874, so a new building was made and named after the Governor of Madras, Lord Napier. It is an art and natural history museum. The museum has special collection of archaeological and historic artifacts, bronze idols, ancient ornaments, a temple chariot and ivory carvings. The museum also consist of an art gallery, the Sri Chitra Art Gallery, which contains works from Raja Ravi Varma and Nicholas Roerich, as well as examples of Mughal and Tanjore art. It also contain one of the oldest Zoological garden of India, the zoo was established in 1857 by the erstwhile Maharaja of Travancore in order to attract more visitors.