| By : Amrita ( Posted on :12 Feb, 2007 )||Total Views : 5328 | Previous | Next|
Fried Rice (lunch dish)
• 3 tbsp vegetable oil
• 1 tomato, thinly sliced
• 2 teaspoons soy sauce - mushroom
• 1 teaspoons fish sauce
• 1 cup cooked rice
• 3 Thai chili pepper (Optional)
• 1/3 cup pork (Optional)
• 1/2 onion, chopped (Optional)
• 1 lime (Optional)
• 1 green onion (Optional)
• 2 cloves garlic, minced (Optional)
• 2 eggs (Optional)
• a pinch of ground pepper
1. When the pan is extremely hot (smoking hot), pour in the oil and follow with meat. Stir quickly. It can get real smoky. If you see that there is juice coming out from your meat and pooling on the bottom and not evaporating, your pan is not hot enough.
2. When the meat is cooked, set it aside or just put it on the side of the pan if you can. Add the egg and scramble the egg until the egg is all cooked.
3. Put the egg aside or just push it aside and make some room on the bottom of the wok. Add the fish sauce and soy sauce and stir. Keep stirring and mixing the rice with ingredients. Add all vegetables. Stir for 1 or 2 more minutes. Sprinkle ground pepper.
4. Serve hot with a 1/4 wedge of lime and whole green onion.